Advantages of Hiring a Professional for Book Cover Design Services
Cover of a book makes the primary impression on its potential readers and decides their span on the book and even the acquisition decision. A good cover is a crucial marketing tool but if done unprofessionally it may result within the direct loss of sales. This is why an honest book cover is extremely important for a writer because it can significantly influence the success or failure of the book. If an author opts for self-publishing he also has to pay attention to another very important aspect of the book i.e. covers design.
If a Writer decides to design the cover of his work on his own it may not be enough and workable, Amidst several others professionally designed books. This is where professional book cover design agencies can help the author as they need a talented pool of graphic designers with the proper knowledge and knowledge to style an appealing cover. They use the newest IT tools to customize your book cover by various illustrations, graphics, and pictures to offer it a singular look.
Before zeroing in on a professional design agency a writer should check out the following points.
- diary – Ask the planning firm about their diary designing similar in your specific sub-genre. One should even have a glance at their portfolio and also do some reference check.
- Process orientation – Ask inquiries to the potential design company regarding the method or methodology for designing the duvet . A good design company would research your genre, access image libraries and closely pay attention to your creative brief.
- Customization – inspect the extent of customization that the book cover design firm offers for your work. Fetching images from image libraries though could also be cost-effective but could also be employed by others too which won’t give your design exclusivity.
- Payment structure – Look out for the fee and payment structure part that the design company charges, some may require payment prior to the beginning of any design work while others may have some other payment structure. Be sure that you simply are comfortable with the payment structure before the beginning of any work.
- Delivery – Most design companies will send you a high-resolution PDF or JPG file of the ultimate design. Do ask them for In-design or Photoshop file if you would like the pliability to tweak book cover within the future.
- Turnaround time- inspect the turnaround of the canopy design partner especially if you’ve got tight deadlines. Make sure that the planning company is investing the required amount of your time and energy into making your book cover stand out.
Some of the benefits of hiring a professional book cover designer and design agency for writers are mentioned below.
- Grab buyer’s attention – There are numerous books hitting the stores every week but the ones that stand out and grab maximum eyeballs have a catchy book cover. The cover should be ok to influence the reader and capture the theme of the story without revealing an excessive amount of them.
- Professional team – an honest design service provider will provide you with a competent team with knowledge of history, typography, color theory, and graphic arts to make a singular book cover for you. They have experienced graphic designers to add stylish graphics using various IT tools for design to make your book standout in-crowd.
- Keeps the binding together – Books are placed on the bookshelf; while readers are able to only see the spine of the book. A creative and quality design can make readers interested along with keeping the edges of the book intact.
- Product packaging – Books aren’t sold during a box but their cover itself may be a built-in wrapper that does all the marketing while on the shelf. By choosing a knowledgeable book cover design company one can enhance the marketing aspect of the book through the duvet design and attract potential readers.
- Cost-effective – Professional cover design agencies are also very cost-effective when compared to hiring an independent freelancer or self-designing. As there’s no setup cost involved and no IT hardware or software must be bought, outsourcing the duvet design becomes far more cost-effective.
Here you can download some mockup of book design :